Share it

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

After Christmas Special

So, you spent the Christmas holidays doing intervals between Nordstroms and the other stores? Ate more than a Offensive Tackle for the local football team?  Feeling broke?  Then it's time to lace on the sneaks and take those slow and easy steps back to fitness. Also a good time to look at a race calendar, figure out which races you't like to do and plan a training schedule. In my case, my first race won't be until February at the earliest and I'll look at it as a way to gauge my fitness. my peak races are always in the late summer of fall. So my suggestion to you is that if your peak race is after the spring, ease back into training slowly. Slow runs with only one intense workout a week. The key is to not try to get into race fitness as soon as possible. Doing that will result in two things-burnout (if you're lucky) or an injury. So avoid that and take it easy, just like Chilly Willy in the picture. Cheers!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I every time used to study paragraph in news papers but now as I am
a user of internet therefore from now I am using
net for posts, thanks to web.

Feel free to surf to my weblog :: eToro OpenBook