Share it

Friday, February 5, 2010

Back from the dark side

Since the NYC Marathon, I've spent my time recovering, cross training and undergoing countless medical tests to see if I have prostate cancer. So, that has kept me away from my blog and my exercise has been pretty limited. At most 3 runs a week with some weightlifting and golf. I did have a lot of time for reflection on how I would deal with having cancer. I decided to treat it like a race. By that I knew that there would be times when I would feel like I was fast and flowing down the trails. There would be times when I would want to quit and stop the pain. Once I decided how I would deal with it, I was able to sleep at night and focus at work.

Two days ago, after the biopsy results came back, I got the good news that I am cancer free. So now, on to phase two of my plan. Since I tried to do some exercise these past two months, I am in reasonably good shape to start foundation training which will start on February 8th. That is the date that the doctors said I could run again. Biopsies being painful and traumatic to the nether regions and need healing.

On another note, I have been asked to do some coaching for some co-workers as they prepare for a half marathon. Writing out training plans and talking about workouts has been fun and I'll keep on doing that.

So, my apologies to those who have looked for my notes and come away empty. Of course, some people who read my notes, might feel pretty empty as well. hahahaha

No comments: