Share it

Thursday, November 5, 2009

10/29/09 to 10/30/09 Road to the NYC Marathon notes

It's the evening of my flight to New York. As usual, I worry about forgetting something and won't be able to relax until I get on the plane. Dropped some cash for the usual flight junk-magazines, water, candy and a pen. Yes, I did forget two things. A pen and my prescription strength ibuprofan. As usual, the Virgin boarding process goes smoothly and we leave on time. I manage for a change to get some sleep. It was mostly a half hour here and there. But, when we arrive, instead of feeling exhausted, I feel pretty rested.

10/30/09 Friday

Take the E train down to my daughter's office and drop off my fairly heavy backpack. Lightened up, it's an easy walk down 35th street to the Javits Expo. Short lines for my number, chatted a bit with the guy about the race and as usual, when he learns I live in the Bay Area says how much he wants to come out for visit. Despite the obvious temptations, I limit my buying to a pair of Mizuno shorts for the race and a cool Mizuno backpack that was on sale. I also got to talk to Anthony Edwards about his charity Shoes4Africa and told him about Hope Runs. He is a nice guy and it was interesting to hear what he had to say.

After that, I picked up the backpack and took the train to my daughter's apartment on the upper east side. Took a nice long hot shower and then read and napped until she came home. Then we went out to eat, watched her favorite shoe The Office and crashed.

No comments: