Share it

Saturday, July 18, 2009

All Natural or Total Geek


In the never ending quest by road runners to get faster, an entire multi million industry feeds these runners with charts, tables, ultra light shoes, dvd's and articles and books that have decimated entire forests. Deluged with this information, some runners, myself included, stop reading and watching and charting and go back to what we love, name running. Granted, I am blessed to live at the base of Mt. Diablo and can get to a trail head via an easy 10 minute jog. So excuse me for making the decision that charts etc. take away the fun from my runs. Will I ever average 6 minute miles on the trails I run? No way! Is running the trails harder than running on the roads? Definitely! Is it a lot more fun? OH YEA!!!!! So, pardon me, while I head off to run on Donner Road and the Tickwood trail for a nice sunset run. See ya!

No comments: